Riding your Newly Bought Bike Home from the Dealership
If you have bought a motorcycle from your local bike shop, the next thing you need to do is to pick it up and ride the bike home from the dealership. If it is your first time riding a bike, it may not be as easy as it sounds.
A lot of dealerships like Performance NC provide a shuttle delivery option for an extra fee. However, depending on how this is calculated, and your location, you may end up paying a lot. But, you can try the same if you know someone with a van or truck. Just ensure they are competent in transporting heavy objects like motorcycles. Then, you may have a rider spouse, friend, or partner riding your bike home for you. However, you may also want to take the first ride so you want to ride it home. The following are some tips to riding your bike home to ensure your safety and readiness:
Have a Pan for your Route
To ensure a safe journey while riding your bike home from the dealership, plan your route in advance and stick to it. Your plan should include the lanes you will use and will ride in. You can easily do this by using Google maps, in street view mode. This will let you take a virtual advance ride. Focus on travelling as much as possible on straight roads so you will have time to get a good feel for the new eight you must power and balance.
Ensure you keep your route as simple as possible and ride roads you are familiar with. Your first ride is the perfect time to avoid distractions.
Don’t Fetch your Bike During Rush Hours
If you will be picking up your bike on week days, schedule your pick up well in advance or after rush hour time. If you will do so on a weekend, early Saturday or Sunday mornings are often calmer.
Familiarise Yourself with the Controls
Don’t start mounting up unless you are already familiar with all controls. You must learn how the turn signals, immoboliiser, and ignition location work. Fit the mirror to your viewing needs.
Make sure there is enough fuel to get you home. The dealership must offer a full tank; however, ensure to check. Without enough fuel, you will need to take a gas stop.
Get a Feel for the Clutch and Brakes
Familiarise yourself with the clutch and brake lever while the engine is off. Take your time feeling the pressure required for applying and releasing them.
- Crafting Your Journey: Unleashing Possibilities with Expert Custom Trailer Builders – Tailored Solutions for Your Unique Hauling Requirements January 26, 2024
- Diesel Mechanic Excellence: Trustworthy Repairs and Maintenance for Reliable Performance on the Road. January 14, 2024
- “2022 Harley Low Rider S: Unleashing Power and Style on Every Curve” December 8, 2023
- EMBARK ON A MEMORABLE JOURNEY: ROAD TRIP PREPARATION AND TIPS November 4, 2023
- The United Freeway Transportation Guide to Open Car Shipping in the USA March 27, 2023
- Vail Airport Shuttle Driver: Requirements For This Job August 29, 2022